THE PRODUCT: Lancôme Teint Idole Cushion Foundation
Available: http://www.lancome.co.uk, Debenhams, Boots, House of Fraser, Harvey Nichols, Selfridges, Harrods
The Price: £30 (Refills £19.50)
– Mirror Compact
– Foundation Refill
– Sponge Application
What they say:
‘Reveal instantly flawless-looking skin with Teint Idole Ultra, our high-coverage, compact liquid cushion foundation. The Cushion Technology allows for easy application. Seal in long-lasting skin perfection with a luminous, vibrant glow, and refill it when empty. Touch to make a lasting impression.’
Available Shades: 9 shades available (010, 015, 01, 02, 025, 03, 04, 05, 06)
My Shade: 010 – Beige Albâtre
Packaging: The packaging of the product I love its very luxurious looking with the Black case and Gold compact lid. Its very much a foundation aimed for a night time I believe in the Lancôme foundation range, so the colours work well. These case also is very easy to wipe clean and pretty light which is a big bonus. I adore how you can refill this foundation for just £19.50 its definitely a feature I believe which will sway people into repurchasing, as it’s a pretty affordable foundation for such a luxury brand with full coverage.
- Definitely quick to use
- Easy to use – using the sponge applicator was easier than initially thought to use, as I was able to fold the sponge in half to get in hard to reach places such as around the nose. I usually use a foundation brush but this was a nice change.
- Sponge application allowed even finish
- Feels very light, I don’t feel like I am using a lot of foundation
- Finish is quite velvety matte – not completely matte or dewy
- Colour match was quite good for my pale skin
- Easily covered up my redness
Here I have the Teint Idole Cushion Foundation with the Cushion Subtil Blush in 024 on my cheeks and lips.
Overall verdict, after a week of using:
- Best used when moisturiser has sunk in a little bit rather than straight away, as the sponge will absorb moisturiser
- Extremely flawless
- Doesn’t feel heavy or drying in the slightest
- Stayed in place all day, didn’t feel the need to apply any more of the compact.
- I did however feel incredibly oily/shiny after having the foundation on for over 13 hours, but the coverage remained intact which I was very impressed with.
- So quick and easy to apply
- Love how compact it is, so easy to carry around
- Not sure how long the product will last before refilling, as do feel like I’m using more product than I would like to be honest.
Have you tried this particular full coverage cushion foundation? What’s your thoughts?
Thanks for reading,